- Eliminates DC ground loop down to 1Hz
- Works up to 800MHz (-3dB)
- Supports the 2 Port Shunt Thru impedance measurement required for Power Distribution Networks (PDNs)
- Works with all types of test equipment to eliminate ground loops, such as Network Analyzers, Oscilloscopes and Spectrum Analyzers
- Popular for oscilloscopes - isolate probe grounds - J2113A is optimized for pulse response
- Perfect for component measurements
- Excellent CMMR performance
J2113A Semi-Floating Differential Amplifier - Ground Loop Breaker
J2171A High PSRR Regulated Adapter
1 Year Warranty
The J2113A is a solid-state Semi-Floating Amplifier (SFA), or ground loop isolator, that provides the BEST isolation for low impedance measurements. The J2113A removes the groups loops associated with VNAs and Oscilloscopes which occur in many different types of test setups. The ground loops are often subtle or hidden and can impact the measurement results dramatically if not accounted for. The J2113As frequency response, as shown below, is flat from DC to over 800MHz, all while maintaining 50Ohm impedance at both the input and the output for accurate, low-noise measurements. It allows measurement both lower and higher in frequency than achievable with a Common Mode Transformer. The J2113A supports power distribution network (PDN) measurement, component measurement, PSRR testing and many other applications.
The J2102B paired with the Picotest PDN Cable is the best general solution. The J2113A is a better choice if you need to measure below 3kHz and below a maximum frequency of 500kHz. Due to the limited CMRR, the J2113A is not recommended below 1mOhm. If other cables are used with either solution, there may be significant degradation in measurement accuracy below 1MHz due to poor cable shield resistance and isolation.
Picotest J2113A Semi-Floating Differential Amplifier - Ground Loop Breaker
Characteristic Rating Recommended Bandwidth DC-800 MHz (-3dB), DC-700MHz (-1dB) Maximum Voltage 1.9V CMRR > 57dB Temperature Range 0-50C Maximum Altitude 6000 Ft Absolute Maximum Voltage is +/- 2V
* Performance at -10dBm input level.
Caution: To avoid equipment damage and/or severe injuries or death ensure that the absolute maximum ratings are observed and not exceeded at all times.